Thursday, June 30, 2005

What Sense Does Anger and Bitterness Make?

I received an e-mail from a Brother who wondered if and why my e-mails and messages seem to have a tinge of anger and bitterness to them.

Here is the response that I sent him.

There is no anger or bitterness in my comments. It is just an effect
of having taken "the red pill" regarding our beloved Fraternity and
having the balls to press for constructive change by any means
necessary versus preferring the golden silence and "go along to get
along" that permeates the Bond.

If I were angry or bitter as others are and have been, I would
probably sit on the sidelines somewhere away from the potential
responses.

Running away from problems does not solve them. But I do take it easy
in voicing my opinion due to higher priority items.

The vibe of the NupeNet, and overall Bond offline and online requires
a little more than just the same old Kappa conversation these days.

It is my purpose to get Brothers to think and become more aware of why
our retention rate is so low.

I firmly believe that we have systemic problems that further reinforce
the movement away from our stated objectives.

I have placed and will continue to place the bulk of my thoughts,
comments, and recommendations on my blog
(http://yoursinthebond.blogspot.com)
regarding the NupeNet and other
changes involving Kappa that would get us back on track at every level
versus the formal levels of organization (local chapter, province, and
Grand Chapter overall) currently in existence.

Kappa is more than just the 3 levels of organization that most
normally consider.

Feel free to leave any comments or thoughts you have on my blog or ask
me anything else that makes you wonder.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope that I have answered your question
fully. If not, please ask for the clarification on any point that I
have missed.

No comments: