Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Defining Fork in the Road

Here is an e-mail that was sent to me at 8:20 a.m. on Wednesday, August 17, 2005 by a party that will not be named.

I have never written about Brothers' personal lives as the e-mail accuses me of.

As a result, both the NupeNet and KappaForum have been compromised by the integrity of its 2-man team leadership. Both mailing lists are controlled by the same parties.

Power in the hands of a few is truly a dangerous thing.

This is clearly another reason for supporting One Man One Vote (OMOV) as it applies to the whole of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.


Since the threat of online expulsion has been laid on the table and I clearly predicted that it would eventually be hysterically raised by someone having an Alpha fit, I sincerely imagine that I will be released from any further obligations that I have complied with as it applies to both online forums.


I did not know before, during, or after crossing the Burning Sands that I would eventually become a certified and recognized revolutionary within Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.

If this is now my lot and mantle, all I can say is "Hallelujah"!


Any Brothers that wish to read any more of my blog entries or thoughts will have to either revisit this website, subscribe to its RSS/Atom feed, join one or more of the mailing lists that were previously created, or contact me directly.

It has been a great 11 years as being one of the charter members of the NupeNet in 1994, a former speaker at a Grand Chapter session on the internet and NupeNet itself in Detroit in 1997, but this is clearly a defining fork in the road.

I cannot imagine or believe that I or any other Brother of my past, present, and future would expect me to capitulate and compromise at this point in time.

It may be my destiny for another day, but today is not that day!

Yours in the Bond!

*******************

Dear Brother Smith,

I recently noticed that your blog at http://www.yoursinthebond.com includes
references to a number of topics which were discussed on KappaForum or the
NupeNet. You have also included with your blog entries the thoughts,
opinions and statements that other brothers expressed on KappaForum and the
NupeNet.

I further note that your blog is open to members of the public, i.e., it is
not restricted only to members of Kappa Alpha Psi.

This is a violation of KappaForum and NupeNet protocol. Every member of
KF/NN has the expectation that their conversations will stay with Kappa.
This policy is necessary to ensure open and candid discussions.
Furthermore, airing Kappa-internal discussions on a public website is a
violation of Kappa protocol.

I note this issue has been raised with you and has not received a positive
response. You have stated, among other things, that you intend to continue
using an "open" platform so that persons outside Kappa who have similar
issues can also benefit from your comments.

Brother Smith, you are welcome to express your opinions and respond to
discussion on KappaForum and NupeNet, however, the appropriate place to do
this is on KappaForum and/or NupeNet, not on a public website. The KF/NN
Management Committee cannot allow members to breach their obligations of
confidentiality, since this would permanently damage the forums' primary
function of fostering communication strictly between members of Kappa Alpha
Psi. Violating confidentiality in this manner would be cause for removal
from KappaForum and NupeNet.

Please remove from your blog any material that references KF/NN discussions
or includes information or statements that you learned from KF/NN. Please
ensure this information is removed no later than the close of business
today.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Yours in the Bond,

No comments: