Monday, August 22, 2005

Cornbread, Consequences, & Repercussions!

As portrayed in the 1999 prison comedy movie entitled "Life" with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence, somebody touched my cornbread and turned around and got others to willingly and intentionally touch my cornbread whether they knew that I directly knew or indirectly would find out from the recording devices that were and are available.

They should have gotten their own cornbread by working as hard as I have since graduating college in 1987 in order to get the cornbread that is unquestionable, undeniable, and beyond reproach whether contains benefits, opinions, opportunities, desires, needs, and wants others find or may find right or wrong.

What is my cornbread you ask? My cornbread is my never-before-fully-understood-and-appreciated-by-myself ability to keep secrets and not betray the confidence of anyone.

I do not know how or why my cornbread was created and given to me by God.

I do not know the hows and whys some of the secrets I have been entrusted with are placed within my hands since they are all over the moral, legal, and ethical spectrum.

But I do know that my cornbread has been touched, somebody was looking at it a little too hard and others starting feeling as if my cornbread was within reach and foolishly coveted my cornbread for themselves.

Take me out of the equation and ask yourself the following question: what would you expect out of any doctor, psychologist, counselor, teacher, instructor, coach, minister, pastor, financial advisor, banker, corporate executive, HR and payroll department personnel, or anyone that deals with personal lives, health, and wealth as a result of someone touching or staring down their cornbread?

Society expects no less from the above individuals and my resume is loaded with my past, present, and future participation as such!

For example if I asked someone the following question on a public microphone or forum, how would they successfully answer it without being having their character defamed in the process?

John Doe, are you still beating your wife?

Even if John says no, then the assumption is laid on the table that he was beating his wife.

We would clearly expect John to follow up legally by some means to protect his cornbread.

Even if John's protection and defense of his cornbread produced the consequences and repercussions of others losing their own cornbread through their own actions conducted without duress from anyone as individuals and through their own inactivities by not posting appropriate warning signs that no lifeguard is on duty and leaving access to the beach or pool widely open and available, then their cornbread is just like poker and roulette chips placed on the table.

As Kenny Rogers' song "The Gambler" said:

"You gotta know when to hold them,
know when to fold them,
know when to walk away and know when to run.

You never count your money while sitting at the table
There's plenty time for countin' when the dealing's done"

Now as General Maximus told one of his commanders within the movie "Gladiator", it is time to "Unleash Hell!"

From the window to the wall, the roof is on fire, there is no water, and you know the rest;)

One thing can be unequivocally said about closed systems and environments---they never seem to have enough fire exits when needed.

This is another reason that I have chosen open access as an operating method for some of my online efforts.

When the questions were repeatedly raised whether there were clearly identifiable infractions, no one either found any or provided the URL where they existed AND STILL EXIST!

Opinions and sentiments should not have persuaded some to feel justified and entitled to cyberhaze, defame the character, libel, and negatively impact the cornbread of another.

Yours in the Bond!

No comments: