Friday, May 11, 2007

What In John Milton Lee's Name Happened to Kappas for Kappa.com?

As much as I could say "I told you so", I won't say anything (or better yet much) about the management of the website Kappas for Kappa.com that launched shortly after No Nupe Left Behind.com launched.

Although I was given an offer that I could not refuse but yet did which clearly led to being cyberhazed and expelled from the NupeNet, I must admit that there were no winners within the internal fray.  But there is more than a conqueror and survivor within yours truly:)

I am just surprised that a concept with so much promise failed to live up to its hype and never gain any traction.  Shock and awe is an understatement for real on this topic.

I mean that I personally know how the regular routine can take one's focus away from regularly creating content, but the effort was not based upon the efforts of a single individual supposedly.

But if that within itself was the breakdown, I can clearly understand how the chain of events led to its demise.  The seeds planted were not of the type that could sustain long-term growth and achievement.

Within this technological age that we live in, it is critical that activities within the Bond are designed to support individual and collective achievement without sacrificing one for the other.

Each of our Founders was a dynamic young man who grew into his own place within society.  I never have heard any mumblings of any petty jealousies being among them although it could be understood given how the Bond grew and morphed into something larger than any of them could imagine.

Each Founder stayed in their own lane and played the role given to them.

The K4K website had individual contributors, and enough features that it should have stayed around longer at a minimum.  Or if it was going to be shut down, then another Nupe should have been given the opportunity to acquire the domain name and keep it all within the Bond.

Now the domain is available for sale to the general public, the content left to fainting memories, and without any significant contributions that can still be remembered.

Damn, what a shame:(

Friendly competition should have played a greater role in lifting all boats.  But unfriendly competition usually feeds upon its host within any case.

I just want to pour a digital libation to its memory and hope that another Brother or group of Nupes are able to either resurrect the intent in a more positive direction or make another attempt in a totally different direction that will serve the Bond very well.

With my current schedule and lifestyle, I am surprised to think how much lighter my daily load is without being a Nupenet subscriber.

But on those special days, I do miss it without a doubt.  I will leave the machinery and possibility of a Nupenet reinstatement to others.  There are just too many other fish to fry to waste any time on the matter.

If I were summoned to a Congressional hearing on the matter, I would not turn down the opportunity to be heard though:)

If anyone discovers any individual or collective effort that is worthy of being linked to for the benefit of Kappa, please let me know!

Yours in the Bond!




No comments: